Tuesday, December 01, 2015

"IT'S ALWAYS THE OLD WHO LEAD US INTO WAR AND IT'S ALWAYS THE YOUNG WHO FALL" (I AINT MARCHING ANYMORE) PHIL OCHS.

Are we going to rerun past nightmares? Is it possible that we are going to repeat past blunders? How many innocent civilians will we slaughter this time? How many children will we kill this time? How many families will we devastate this time? I find it hard to believe that despite all our experience and recent blood-spattered history that we are possibly going to make the same catastrophic mistakes again. I am distraught at some of the Labour Party names who are lining up to do this, they are ready to flick the switch like ‘gung ho’ armchair warriors, safe at home watching the carnage on their TV’s, “when will we ever learn”?  I can obviously only speak for myself but in future I will not support anyone who was complicit in such an immoral and preventable act. 

Anyone seeking to be a Labour Party Candidate will face hustings meetings and if they have been involved in supporting this sickening business I will not only refuse to endorse them I will organise as much opposition to them as I possibly can as well. Corbyn is taking the flack from the usual right wing sources while the reality is that he has got it right, Labour Party members back him by a huge majority and by the time this starts I predict that the majority of people in the country will also be supporting him as well. People are not stupid, they know only too well that we have carried out this kind of adventure before and it was disastrous, they know that it is not necessary and they will not support it. Shame on those who are baying for blood, they need to re-examine their consciences.  As for the SNP, Sturgeon has dishonourably sat on the fence long enough to decide that the anti bombing side is the one that the public will favour and she has acted accordingly in her time worn populist way, the nats. remain as always beneath contempt .      

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, would you rather the snp where for bombing? Bit hypocritical there mate.

Anonymous said...

What a shame you refused to take this stance against Blair. And still do.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

I would rather the snp would stand up and be counted rather than sitting on the fence trying to work out what is best for the snp not for Syria. Make no mistake about it if the snp thought bombing would be good for them they wouldn't hesitate to vote for it, conscience does not enter the equation with them.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

Anonymous said..Wednesday, December 02, 2015 1:08:00 p.m.

I did take this stance with Blair and I still do, don't mix your standards up with mine.

Anonymous said...

what an imbecilic post.

peter mccreadie

Robert said...

I take it you won't be supporting Hilary Benn's challenge for the leadership of the Labour Party then?

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

The way I see it Robert, Hilary Benn used the situation in Syria to mount a leadership challenge, I regard that as beneath contempt so, no I will not be supporting him in the future for any position.

Ian McGovern said...

Pre-historic man holds tribal stupidity dear.

For someone who thinks we are all brothers and sisters, you really are a hate filled bigot.

Anyone who holds a different view from you is an idiot. You are the definition.

At least i can admit, as an SNP member, we actually agree on something for the right reasons.I dont for a second believe you are against bombing for any other reason apart from the fact you believe in the sanctity of life.

The SNP voted with public opinion in Scotland to suggest otherwise is to admit your own feeble tribalism.

My god, the majority of the electorate in Scotland vote SNP and you have us all down as Nazi sympathisers, you dont have to be a genius in arithmetic to work out that the amount of normal people who vote SNP means you must be wrong and indeed a bigot.

Even when it comes to something so serious as this your well developed hatred cannot be contained.

Id hate to lead a life like yours. Sitting thunderously bashing away at your bovril stained keyboard.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

Ian McGovern said...Thursday, December 03, 2015 5:27:00 p.m.

I believe that your uncontrollable rage and abuse is a result of you knowing that I have got it right and in your case the cap fits, you have a massive guilt complex which is destroying you. I will answer your points this last time but I will not print what you write again until you learn how to control yourself.

I do regard us all as brothers and sisters but that does not mean that I agree with, or like everyone. I am not a hate filled bigot, I am 100% opposed to fascist bigots, racism and thuggery, all three of which are regularly displayed by SNP supporters like you. Not everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot but some are. I do not know if your opposition to bombing in Syria is genuine or not but I do know that the SNP will back anything which suits their purpose no matter how bad it is. I do not regard everyone in Scotland who voted SNP to be a Nazi sympathiser but I do know that the SNP has connections with fascist organisations and their Nazi past in my opinion is enough to prevent decent people from having anything to do with them. Nationalism is and always has been the close bosom friend of Nazism and tyranny, you are obviously having trouble living with that.