Monday, July 27, 2009

DID YOU KNOW THAT SOME OFFICERS WERE SO LOATHED AND SO INCOMPETENT THAT THEIR OWN MEN SHOT THEM DURING BATTLES?

People who read my blog will be aware that; notwithstanding those who actualy fight; I am not a fan of the British Military; there are reasons for this; some historic and some; like leadership or the quality of it or the complete lack of it have always been with us. To the long list of privileged chinless oafs who have traditionally made their way from Eton; Harrow and the Guards most of them because they were too dense to be hidden in the office of a city bank; we discover today a true champion of the type, step forward ex C.O. Parachute Regiment Colonel Stuart Tootal. This guy has come out with a statement that would make me very nervous about giving him responsibility for anything let alone soldiers lives and guns and stuff that is dangerous.

It’s populist; it’s apparently compassionate; some people will embrace it unthinkingly; some will say he thinks about his men and very few will latch on to the fact that he has a book out about his career in the Army so; what did he say? He reckons that Military casualties should receive preferential medical treatment; that’s sure to have them flying off the shelf; I would buy a copy just to see the kind of total clown who got to become a Colonel and a C.O. during a time of conflict, the mind boggles at what his men must have thought of him.

“Brave soldiers should not be sharing wards with geriatric patients” says the Colonel so there we have one of his pearls of wisdom, wounded soldiers are de facto brave and there is something wrong with being a geriatric even if you are a geriatric with a Victoria Cross you should not be near a “brave soldier” I could have invented this clown but honest I didn’t, he demands Army only hospitals as well.

If someone joins the Army Colonel Tootal can they request a post where they won’t get hurt? Do they know that they can get hurt? “You there! you with the cancer; pick up that bleeding child and push that wheel chair with the crash victim out of the road, make way for this wounded soldier” This guy was in charge of men in battle; can you believe it? Everyone and I mean everyone should be equal when it comes to the provision of health care, being a soldier or a millionaire or Monarch should not come into it, we know that it does but it shouldn’t. Am I the only one who is getting fed up with these retired generals and colonels kicking up a fuss when they leave? If it’s not to sell a book it’s to cover their own backs, they are a disgrace to the men and women that they commanded.

No matter who or what you are it’s medical need that should count not anything else, this means treatment should go to who is first for medical reasons even if that person is a villain and someone else waiting is a wonderful human being. It’s a difficult concept but its right; it means Hitler before Ghandi and Thatcher before Mother Theresa if their need was more urgent. Sometimes I don’t have to do too much to highlight the shambles that is the Hierarchy of Britain’s Armed Forces a dangerous self serving clown like Colonel Tootal will come along and do it for me, pity the troops.

Perhaps Colonel Tootal should ask his troops how they feel about leap frogging sick children or pregnant women to get treatment because they are soldiers, I wonder what kind of response he would get.

21 comments:

The Brokendown Barman said...

calm down!!! think your making a mountain out of a mole hill

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(the broken down barman) 09:29
Is it not normal for a statement like this to have an explanation attached?

The Brokendown Barman said...

i think that anyone who reads tha above blog should be more than satisfied by my previous, brief statement. Thank you

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(the broken down barman) 28/07/09
I must conclude therefore that you are unable to explain yourself; that you choose to defend the military hierarchy and you agree with preferential treatment from the NHS for soldiers over ordinary citizens.
You inability or unwillingness to explain yourself allows me to make these assumptions.

Anonymous said...

Quiet, Citizen Kelly of the Tooting Popular Front has spoken.

He clearly despises many aspects of the British state but supports it by being a member of the most pro-Brit establishment party. Oh I forgot, he is undermining it from within. Wink, Wink, we wont tell anyone, honest.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

Something wrong with comments function -

The broken down barman's reply to my last reply to him is "your funny"

My reply is; "i'm glad you find the subject funny"

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(Anonymous) 15:20
Supporters of the British state come in all kinds of disguises don’t they Mr. Anonymous who do you support ?

You don’t need to protect me Mr. Anonymous I have never hidden who I am or what my views are.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

Still not printing for some reason.

(the broken down barman) 14.22

wrote back again and said again
“your funny”

And I replied. -

We have been here before and I don’t want to be cruel but; you are not coping very well.

The Brokendown Barman said...

gie us a chance big man, ive got a life!!

i never said i found the subject funny, i said your funny!! are you the subject?

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

When it comes to your comments I do seem to be the subject.

So why am I funny then ?

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

“Whoever wins, Tory or Nat” this phrase says a great deal about you; even Annabelle Goldie wouldn’t have risked the ridicule attached to it.

Coup/Triumph for the Tories; why? So you do think the Tories can win; why should I bother with you?

I have given you my thoughts on the by election and I have told you that there is nothing happening that does not happen with every other Party, I doubt that Norwich and Glasgow NE is comparing apples with apples but; you might struggle with the concept.

The Brokendown Barman said...

your funny because you get so animated about the stupidest little things. Some army toff, who nobody is ever going to pay any attention to anyway. makes a daft statement about army people getting preferential treatment to sell a book and you go haywire!!
Forget it, choose your battles.
If you could be so good as to lead me in the direction of the article in question. I would love to read it my self. much appreciated.

Al Bundy said...

BritNat Kelly attacks the BritNats.

Like Hegel, but with less adjectives.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(the broken down barman) 30/07/09
“Some army toff, who nobody is ever going to pay any attention to anyway”

Breathtaking naivety. Google Colonel Stuart Tootal Hospitals; and then come back and tell me that nobody is ever going to pay attention to him.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(Al Bundy) 31/07/09
Hegel Eh? I can only thank you for visiting my humble web site.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

For some reason I cannot print your comments; yours are the only ones?

(Anonymous) 14:35

nobody is ever going to pay any attention to him!... (the broken down barman) 11:50
I sometimes wonder if it’s worth talking to you; I’ve already explained to you that it’s all over google and the papers.

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(Anonymous) 14:35
He doesn’t rip up his card because he does not quit; “let cowards cringe and traitors sneer”

It’s amazing when you look at the list you have written; when you see it like that you realize that I really am quite a guy, thank you.

The Brokendown Barman said...

so because something is all over google and the papers we should sit up and take notice?? his comments will be forgotten before i finish this sentence........

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(the broken down barman) 14:15
I don’t know why you insist on keeping on digging the hole you are in but; this is my last word on this.

I believe that most people who hold an opinion or write a web page or write to a newspaper would agree that it would be fantastic to have their opinion plastered over every paper and “all over google” I also think that that’s rather obvious, still.

The Brokendown Barman said...

have you ever tried to google "the broken down barman"?? comes up with hunners of pages of my rubbish!!

p.s. your funny!!

Cllr Terry Kelly said...

(the broken down barman) 25/10/09

I have twice I think; I found it to be self indulgent gibberish; rather like a cry for attention.

p.s. you might be funny as well if I could work out what you are trying to say.