Monday, August 28, 2006

FAR AWAY FRIENDS

Through the miracle of modern technology I have just discovered that I can look at a world map and see indicated where my web visitors come from. Canada has many entries, Ontario to be precise, not because my web is a big hit over there but because I have relatives who live there, it was great to realize that my cousins were reading my articles, they have probably concluded however that I'm a nutter but it still gave me a buzz. My uncle Pat Boyle married my aunt May and went there a long time ago, I can still remember my brothers Arthur, Hugh and myself pleading with him not to go and breaking down in floods of tears, he stayed with us at that time and it was like having another dad, one who was less strict than our real dad and a never ending source of stories, songs and adventures, we loved him and thought the world had ended when he left, poor aunt May got the blame I'm afraid, life at that age is more black and white and she was taking uncle Pat away and was therefore the villain. We reunited in later years when travel became more accessible and by then he had three lovely daughters, my cousins Suzanne, Janice and Maureen who I think are now leading their own lives and have children of their own. A wee while ago I received an email from a Canadian cousin which contained photographs, unfortunately I never managed to get the computer to let me see them and I lost the email and pictures, I would love them to have another go at sending me some stuff, if they read this I might be lucky, anyway best wishes to all of them along with my other cousins from the Power family.

No comments: